No one understands me – Pregnancy Anxiety
Emotional swings are quite common in pregnancy as during this period your body will go through many hormonal changes which will make you sensitize toward those things which you usually ignore before pregnancy.
Sometimes this sensitivity may bring anxiety with it and make you feel restless or irritable but you need not need to worry, it is quite common and can be easily controlled with a few simple tips.
But before discussing those 3 simple Hacks it is important to know about anxiety symptoms. Some basic anxiety symptoms are-
- Concentration difficulty
- Sleep disorder
- Feeling lonely
- Smiling depression
- Postpartum Depression
There are many ways to control anxiety. One of the most common ways is to take anti-anxiety medicine but during pregnancy, I would not recommend anyone to do so as it has an ill effect on fetal growth and development.
Here are 3 simple easy hacks and tips that you can use to control anxiety during pregnancy.
3 steps to stop Anxiety
Meditation is the best way to control anxiety as it makes your brain calm. Most of us confuse it with some breathing exercise but it is more than that, meditation is all about controlling our thought process and concentrating at one point.
To do meditation you just need one quiet place to sit alone and follow a few simple steps mentioned below-
- Find a quiet place and one chair
- Sit straight on a chair, close your eyes and put your hand on your lap.
- Take breath as you normally take, do not try to control it.
- Observe your breath – How you are inhaling and exhaling air.
- You might get different thoughts in your mind during mediation which will distract you from observing your breath but each time you get distracted you should bring your concentration back to your breath.
- Do this meditation for at least 10 to 15 minutes twice a day.
If you practice this meditation technique daily then within weeks you will find your anxiety level is going down and you are getting calmer.
Exercise is one of the most effective techniques to bring down the anxiety level. During pregnancy, one must do some light exercise daily as it is beneficial for mother and baby health. A few simple exercises that you can do are :
- Walking at a slow pace
- Curl and lift lightweights in the arm (not more than 5 kg)
I recommend that you exercise for the first 2-3 min and then take a break. If in case you feel uncomfortable then you should stop it there itself. Also, do consult your doctor before starting any new exercise by your own
Engage yourself with New Things
Pregnancy is the best time to explore your interests and to keep yourself busy with some activity (except high impact physical work). It is the best medication for anxiety. A few creative activities that you can do by your own are –
- Read a Novel or Book.
- Do painting.
- Watch either movies or any video series
- listen to your favourite songs.
- learn to play any new musical instrument.
- Do anything that you would love to do or want to try (Just avoid doing a heavy physical activity)
The only motive is to keep your brain busy with positive vibrations which make you feel happy and active. The more your brain engages with these activities the less you will feel anxiety and restlessness.
Anxiety is common in pregnancy due to hormonal changes but high anxiety should be avoided as it could raise or bring down blood pressure which is harmful to your child so it is always recommended that you should keep your anxiety level in control. The above given 3 simple tricks are the most effective and safest ways to keep anxiety level in control especially during pregnancy.
Also, read some more informative articles on similar topics that are available online:
- Smiling Depression – Click here
- postpartum depression icd 10 –Click here
- I’m not good at anything – Click here
- no one understands me – Click here
- How to get 3 months old to nap – Click here
- How to teach a kid to read – Click here
I hope you have found this blog useful. If you have any questions or comments about what I’ve just shared, simply leave them here and I’ll get back to you soon.